Monday, October 18, 2010

Things you can nearly remember, but not quite

It happens to all of us. We almost know what the answer to that thing that is bugging us is, that snatch of song we keep remembering but cannot place (really annoying when you just have a snatch of melody and don't have the lyrics for googling!), a face out of context. For instance, recently on watching Love/Hate on RTE, I saw a familiar face. I knew I knew that actor well! I let my subconscious chew on it - the answer bubbled up - he was an actor on "the Wire". I checked my answer on Google. "The wire" was correct - but I had associated the face with a different character. Of course my subconscious knew the true answer, because I went "Of course", when I saw the actor in his suit, as on the Wire. Why does our subconscious do that to us? It can be embarrassing sometimes, when you cannot think of a word or name that should pop instantly to mind. Richard Bandler in his book "Frogs into Princes" once hypnotised a linguistics professor who sometimes forgot words at his classes. Richard asked the professors subconscious mind why it did this, and the answer was - "His conscious mind is too damn cocky"! Our subconscious mind can have many, many motivations for the different things it does, but its motivation always has a positive higher purpose, but it does not use logic for its reasoning!

Go to http://www.experiencetheworlddifferent.com/ for more details, or ring Daniel Madden on 085 1318344 to arrange your free consultation.

Email: dmadden@experiencetheworlddifferent.com

Download an explanatory brochure HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment